As I am done with the 4th week of A Book A Week challenge, I am trying to add some structure to the reading list. So far the category of books picked for reading was random and no long term goals were defined in terms of the type of books to add to my reading list.
I spent the last 4 weeks reading the following books
- The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies
- The Industries of the Future
- Site Reliability Engineering: How Google Runs Production Systems
- Professional Test Driven Development with C#: Developing Real World Applications with TDD
Structure of my future reading list
As this challenge is getting more and more interesting, I am trying setup a structure that pushes me to read books from specific categories/topics each month. Here is what I have in my mind.
- Software Engineering – A book covering a branch of software engineering, software development process/methodology etc.
- Technology – A book covering innovations and advances happening (as well as predicted) in various technology areas.
- Biography – Biography of a legendary person.
- Wildcard – A book that does not fall into any of the categories listed above.
I will be happy to hear suggestions from people who may have done similar activities.